Template: SLDP: Cost Estimate (VEX Robots)
(Created page with "== Cost Estimate == Once a robot design is complete, a cost estimate must be generated that specifies the cost of all the materials and labor required for the construction of...")
Latest revision as of 18:41, 14 June 2019
Once a robot design is complete, a cost estimate must be generated that specifies the cost of all the materials and labor required for the construction of the design. Tabulate this cost information clearly in an Excel spreadsheet, using the materials cost list provided. Help in calculating the cost is available by reviewing How to plan the schedule and calculate costs for a project. The costs for the parts can be found on the Price list for Vex and Arduino parts for robot projects.
Note: You should only use the materials contained in the Price list for Lego parts for robot projects. If you want to use other parts, get permission from your faculty member to do so, and also to determine the cost of the parts you want to use that are not in this price list.
Create a cost estimate on a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. The cost estimate should include the following:
- Labor cost breakdown with hours and rates
- Consolidate low-cost pieces: axles, beams, bricks, bushings, connectors, gears, plates
- Itemize high-cost pieces: arduino board, controllers, sensors
- No decimal places; this is an estimate after all. Round appropriately
- Total cost must be shown in the bottom right corner