Elementary General Engineering & Design
The Elementary General Engineering and Design (EGED) is a program that has been offered to high schoolers to engage with engineering at the university level since Fall 2010. Over many years, the program has transformed quite a lot through feedback from the students and their school.
Over longest running partner school, the Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women (UAI), has been with the program since Fall 2011, pausing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Just like our college classes, students in the EGED program also use our Course Website at https://eg.poly.edu.
Course Grade Breakdown
|Final Design Report||20%|
Note that there is neither a midterm nor a final exam for this course.
Table 1 shows the grade breakdown for the EGED course offered beginning Spring 2023.
Anyone in one of our Lab rooms are to follow established Safety Guidelines.
General Engineering offers a number of workshops that target different skills engineers use to complete projects. For more information on these workshops, see Technical Workshops. The EGED program offers a subset of these workshops as Labs:
- Computer-aided Design (CAD)
- Recitation 1: What is engineering?
- Recitation 2: Technical Writing
- Recitation 3: Professional Presentations
- Recitation 4: Engineering Design Process
- Recitation 5: Design Thinking & Learning
- Recitation 6: Ethics & Stakeholder Impact
- Recitation 7: Reflection & Design Canvas
- Recitation 11: Engineering & Social Justice
- Recitation 12: Emerging Engineering Topics