Digital Multimeters Guidelines
From EG1004 Lab Manual
Revision as of 03:19, 19 January 2022 by Habordo (Created page with "= Some uses of a Multimeter = * Measuring current, voltage, resistance etc. * Test functionality of capacitor. * Properly checking if a capacitor is full. = Multimeter Lead...")
Some uses of a Multimeter
- Measuring current, voltage, resistance etc.
- Test functionality of capacitor.
- Properly checking if a capacitor is full.
Multimeter Lead Wires
- To ensure the right values are being read attach the lead wires to the proper port of the multimeter.
- Only the red wire switches ports depending on what is being measured and the type of mulltimeter.
- In the Multimeter shown in figure 1, while determining the voltage red lead wire will be in port 4 and when determining the current the red lead will be in port 1 or 2, depending on the current source. Utilize port 1 or the 10A port in this case.
Testing the Multimeter
- To test the functionality of the multimeter, test the continuity. The leads don’t have to be in a specific orientation to test the continuity.
- The continuity can be tested by shifting the dial to the continuity setting shown in Figure 2